Oral Health Care During Pregnancy: A National Consensus Statement
Oral Health Care During Pregnancy: A National Consensus Statement resulted from an expert workgroup meeting convened by the Health Resources and Services Administration in collaboration with the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the American Dental Association, and the National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center and held on October 18, 2011, in Washington, DC. The consensus statement provides guidance on oral health care for pregnant women for both prenatal care health professionals and oral health professionals, pharmacological considerations for pregnant women, and guidance for health professionals to share with pregnant women.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Committee on Health Care for Underserved Women. 2013. Committee Opinion: Oral Health Care During Pregnancy and Through the Lifespan. Obstetrics and Gynecology 122:417–422.
- Association of State and Territorial Dental Directors. 2020. Perinatal Oral Health Policy Statement. Sparks, NV: Association of State and Territorial Dental Directors.
- Association of State and Territorial Dental Directors, Best Practices Committee. 2019. Best Practice Approach: Perinatal Oral Health. Sparks, NV: Association of State and Territorial Dental Directors.
- Eke C, Mask A, Reusch C, Vishnevsky D, Quinonez RB. 2019. Coverage Brief: Improving Access to Oral Health Care in Pregnancy. Washington, DC: Children's Dental Health Project.
- Holt K, Barzel R, Clark M. 2009. Two Healthy Smiles: Tips to Keep You and Your Baby Healthy (also in Spanish). Washington, DC: National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center.
- Lorenzo S, Goodman H, Stemmler P, Holt K, Barzel R (eds.) 2019. The Maternal and Child Health Bureau–Funded Perinatal and Infant Oral Health Quality Improvement (PIOHQI) Initiative 2013–2019: Final Report. Washington, DC: National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center.
- National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center. 2017. Oral Health Care During Pregnancy: A Resource Guide (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center.
- DentaQuest Institute. 2013. DentaQuest Disease Management Series: Dental Caries Management–Perinatal (module 3). Westborough, MA: DentaQuest Institute.
- Clark MB, Douglass AB, Maier R, Deutchman M, Gonsalves W, Silk H, Wrightson AS, Quinonez R, Dolce M, Dalal M, Rizzolo D, Sievers K. 2010–. Smiles for Life: A National Oral Health Curriculum (3rd ed.). Leawood, KS: Society of Teachers of Family Medicine.
- Quinonez RB, Boggess K. 2013. Prenatal Oral Health Program (pOHP). Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry, Department of Pediatric Dentistry and School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Rizzolo D, Sedrak M, Boardman M, Chiodo TA. 2012. Oral Health During Pregnancy: What the Practicing PA Needs to Know. Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants 25(12):54-57.