[Skip to Content]

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I access electronic copies of current oral health materials?
Library. The Library page has links to materials produced by the National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center (OHRC) as well as a link to search our entire oral health library. Results include a full citation of the item, its description, and information on how to acquire it. Many items are available online.

Where can I find fact sheets, distance learning, and other products from OHRC?
Publications. OHRC's publications and electronic products are listed by date, by topic, and by format.

Can I copy OHRC publications?
OHRC offers information on copyright on our Disclaimers, Copyright and Permissions page. OHRC publications, such as fact sheets, resource bulletins, and resource guides, may be photocopied; adapting or reproducing OHRC-produced materials requires permission. To request permission you must submit a written request (click here for a sample letter in Word or PDF) on your organization's letterhead. Permission to use photographs cannot be granted.

Can I use photos from OHRC publications?
No, permission to use photographs cannot be granted. Some sources for photos are

What if I can't find what I'm looking for?
If you would like assistance narrowing down your information request, or if you find our website difficult to use, please call us. Our information line, (202) 784-9771, is always on for messages, and your call will be returned promptly. You may send an e-mail request or contact any staff member individually (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses are listed on our Contact page).

Are OHRC publications available in Spanish?
Yes, we have several materials for consumers available in Spanish. We also collect materials in other languages, Also, the entire website of the National Institute for Dental and Craniofacial Research is en Espanol.

What is OHRC's mailing address?
See our Contact Us page for information, including staff names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses; our box address for regular delivery; our street address for visitors and special deliveries; and directions to the center.

Can you help me find a dentist to treat my child?
OHRC does not provide direct clinical care or referrals to specific health professionals. We can refer you to sources to help find care.

Where can I obtain a list of organizations to contact for additional information?
Links. You can conduct a free search of organizations in our database. Also, OHRC posts links to different organizations by type, including

  • Clearinghouses/Resource Centers
  • Federal Government Agencies
  • Foundations
  • Head Start
  • Policy/Research Centers
  • Professional
  • Programs/Initiatives
  • State Offices of Oral Health and Medicaid Provider Enrollment Information

What types of information does the resource center collect?

This information can be found by browsing our website or by contacting us for assistance.