The National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center (OHRC) is a part of Georgetown University's McCourt School of Public Policy.
OHRC provides support for the Title V community by assisting in the development and promotion of effective strategies to improve oral health services for the MCH population (pregnant women, infants, children, and adolescents, including those with special health care needs, and their families). The resource center collaborates with government agencies, professional associations, foundations, policy and research centers, and voluntary organizations to gather, develop, and share evidence-based or -informed information and provide training and technical assistance to promote sustainable oral health services for the MCH population.
National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center
Washington, DC 20057-1272
Telephone: (202) 784-9771
3300 Whitehaven Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20007
The resource center is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) under grant #H47MC00048 in the amount $3,000,000 over 5 years. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of HRSA, DHHS, or the U.S. government, nor should any endorsements be inferred.
Engaging Oral Health Professionals in Efforts to Reduce Childhood Obesity
This project is working to identify and promote awareness and use of evidence-based recommendations and strategies that oral health professionals, oral-health-related organizations, and others can employ to prevent childhood obesity. The project is funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
National Center on Early Childhood Health and Wellness
The center develops and disseminates materials, provides training and technical assistance (T/TA), and coordinates T/TA with the other national centers and T/TA networks. The project was awarded to the American Academy of Pediatrics, and OHRC is the lead on oral health activities and is working in collaboration with the Association for State and Territorial Dental Directors. The project is funded by the Administration of Children and Families' Office of Child Care and Office of Head Start and HRSA's Maternal and Child Health Bureau.
Ohio Safety Net Dental Clinics
This information center is a comprehensive portal to information and materials, including several distance learning curricula, necessary to start and maintain the operations and delivery of oral health services in safety net clinics in Ohio. The project is funded by the Ohio Department of Health.
Other recent projects include
- Maryland Mighty Tooth School Based Dental Sealant Training Program
- Maryland's Mouths Matter: Fluoride Varnish and Oral Health Screening Program for Kids—Training for EPSDT Medical Providers in Maryland
OHRC has received numerous awards in recognition for high-quality services.
OHRC has designed a badge that can be placed on your website as a gateway to our website. Get the code to embed this badge on your website.
Copyright and Permissions
OHRC offers information on copyright and permissions on our Disclaimers, Copyright, and Permissions page. OHRC publications, such as fact sheets, resource bulletins, and resource guides, may be photocopied; adapting or reproducing OHRC-produced materials requires permission. To request permission you must submit a written request (click here for a sample letter in Word or PDF) on your organization's letterhead. Permission to use photographs cannot be granted.
Read answers to common questions including those related to copyright, how to use our website and other services, and obtaining publications.
- The Oral Health Landscape in Head Start, National Center for Early Childhood Health and Wellness Health Care Institute, April 12, 2017, Albuquerque, NM [Katrina Holt, Michelle Landrum, and Beth Lowe, speakers]
- Kick the Can: Sugar-Sweetened Beverages Tax Legislation Efforts, American Association for Community Dental Programs Symposium, April 23, 2017, Albuquerque, NM [Beth Lowe, moderator, Jared Fine, speaker]
- MCH National Performance Measure 13, Association of State and Territorial Dental Directors Meeting, April 23, 2017, Albuquerque, NM [Katrina Holt and Reg Louie, speakers]
- Seal America: The Prevention Invention, 3rd Edition Update, National Oral Health Conference, April 24, 2017, Albuquerque, NM [Beth Lowe, speaker]
- National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center: What’s New, National Oral Health Conference, April 25, 2017, Albuquerque, NM [Katrina Holt, speaker]
- Moving the Dial on School-Based Sealant Programs: New Findings on Barriers to Operation and Sustainability and a Blueprint for Improvement, National Oral Health Conference, April 26, 2017, Albuquerque, NM [Matt Crespin, Jane Koppelman, and Beth Lowe, speakers]
- Perinatal Oral Health and Title V National Performance Measure 13: A Closer Look at the Rationale, Adoption, and Strategies from Both National and State Perspectives, National Oral Health Conference, April 26, 2017, Albuquerque, NM [Katrina Holt, Marty Milkovic, and Emily Norrix, speaker]
- National Oral Health Conference, April 24–26, 2017, Albuquerque, NM [Booth #102]