Interview questions to ask parents of
- Are you brushing your daughter’s teeth?
How has this been going?
- Are you using fluoridated toothpaste on your
son’s teeth (for children ages 2 and older)?
- Have your other children had any dental problems?
Have you had any problems with your own teeth?
- Does your son drink from a cup? Does he drink
from a bottle?
- How often does your daughter snack? What does
she usually eat for a snack?
- Does your son use a pacifier? Does he suck his
thumb or finger?
- Do you take your daughter for regular dental
checkups? How often?
Physicians and other non-oral-health professionals may also refer
to the caries-risk assessment form developed
by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry to
help classify tooth decay risk in infants and children on the basis of biological, protective, and clinical findings.