Module 4: What to Do and How to Do It
Module 4 provides steps for promoting oral health in community settings. The module discusses how health professionals can help prevent or reduce the risk for tooth decay and provides information about oral health risk assessments and screenings. The module also explains how health professionals can record oral health information and help parents find a dentist. In addition, the module discusses the meaning and purpose of anticipatory guidance.
- Explain the steps that professionals can take to help prevent or reduce the risk of tooth decay.
- Describe how to conduct an oral health risk assessment.
- Describe how to perform an oral health screening.
- Explain how to record oral health information in an infant’s or child’s health record.
- Provide examples of appropriate anticipatory guidance to promote oral health for children and families.
Time Needed to Complete this Module
Approximately 40 minutes