Module 2 defines dental caries and early childhood caries and discusses factors that influence the development of tooth decay. It also addresses factors that are protective against dental caries. Finally, the module explains caries balance.
- Explain the dental caries process.
- Define and describe dental caries and early childhood caries.
- List three factors that influence the dental caries process.
- Indicate what types of foods and beverages are major contributors to dental caries.
- List four primary structures of a tooth.
- Explain what happens if dental plaque is not removed from teeth with regular toothbrushing.
- List three factors that protect against dental caries.